Do you have a career opportunity to promote on our website? PTS members receive free job listing to the PTS website. Please contact PTS for details.
Download PTS Career Center Insertion Order
Back to Career Opportunities
||Pediatric Trauma Clinical Manager
||September 25, 2019
||Dell Children's Medical Center, Austin TX
The pediatric trauma clinical manager has direct oversight of trauma nurse coordinators, trauma data analysts, and social workers. With the primary responsibility of ensuring compliance with Texas DSHS and ACS requirements of a Level I Pediatric Trauma Center, the pediatric trauma clinical manager:
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services across the continuum of care. Develops and implements policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors compliance with clinical standards of care and collaborates with multidisciplinary teams in the development of plans of action for improvement when appropriate.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors revenue, expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
- Collaborates with hospital teams to ensure delivery of high-quality education and outreach for internal and external stakeholders.
Current Texas nursing license
BSN minimum, MSN or Master's in related field preferred
5 years of experience in the care of the pediatric trauma patient
3 years of experience in healthcare leadership role
Desired qualifications include:
- ATCN or TNCC Provider/Instructor
- AAAM Injury Scoring
- ATS Trauma Program Manager Course or equivalent
|How to Apply: