Do you have a career opportunity to promote on our website? PTS members receive free job listing to the PTS website. Please contact PTS for details.
All career center insertion order forms must be sent to our secure fax 978-524-0461 if it includes credit card information. Forms with credit card information will not be accepted via email.
Back to Career Opportunities
Download PTS Career Center Insertion Order
||Education Specialist – Trauma Program
||Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters Health System (CHKD)
||Your growth is our priority. Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters Health System (CHKD) is the comprehensive pediatric health system serving the needs of families throughout southeastern Virginia, northeastern North Carolina, and beyond.
More than a hospital. We operate a 206-bed freestanding children’s hospital with the region’s only Level I pediatric trauma center along with 45 locations that provide primary care, specialty care, outpatient surgery, urgent care, and support services. Our pediatric mental health facility, opening in 2022, will expand on the critical mental health programs that we currently provide. Our team is made up of more than 3,500 employees who are the best-of-the-best in their fields and fulfill our mission to bring state-of-the-art compassionate care to every family who needs us.
We are seeking a compassionate, professional, and caring Education Specialist – Trauma Program who will work collaboratively with our department CPES and education coordinators to identify and develop trauma related educational opportunities for clinical staff to achieve patient care and outcome standards for the injured population! The position is full-time and would require Monday through Friday with an occasional evening or weekend events. It is in our Trauma department located within our main hospital in Norfolk, VA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements strategies to align trauma educational requirements with clinical performance in patient care areas, by:
- Monitoring compliance with trauma protocols and practice guidelines.
- Utilizing trauma registry and performance improvement data to identify educational opportunities to improve trauma care.
- Monitoring required trauma education nursing records for the organization to meet the state trauma standards.
- Participates in the trauma performance improvement process to identify hospital and community educational needs.
- Participates in quality and safety initiatives to help standardized trauma practice guidelines.
- Participates in trauma related research projects by providing support with trauma research implementation, staff education on research protocols, documentation and outcome findings.
- Participates with Emergency Management preparedness by collaborating with the Emergency Preparedness and Response Manager to develop and monitor education and training activities for hospital readiness to respond and recover to an emergent or catastrophic event.
- Participates in continuing trauma educational programs for pre-hospital personnel and community partners.
- Promotes teamwork and positive relationships and collaborations with internal and external stakeholders.
||Minimum Licensure, Education and Experience Requirements:
- Current Virginia state license as a Registered Nurse or Registered Nurse holding a valid Compact State license required.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
- 2-5 years previous experience in pediatric critical care preferred.
- Previous education coordinator experience preferred.
- Possesses excellent leadership, communication, and analytical skills with the ability to plan, establish and maintain a professional work environment.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills for operational and organizational functions.
- BLS, PALS, ACLS, TNCC required.
- TNCC & AHA course instructor preferred.
We are proud to offer market competitive compensation and benefits, including affordable health, vision, dental, and supplemental insurances, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, and a 401k Retirement Savings plan with organization match.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/Disability/Vet
|How to Apply:
||Apply now at: www.CHKD.org/Careers. If you have questions about this position, please contact Andrea Soehnlen Ohman, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at 757-668-7134.