Do you have a career opportunity to promote on our website? PTS members receive free job listing to the PTS website. Please contact PTS for details.
All career center insertion order forms must be sent to our secure fax 978-524-0461 if it includes credit card information. Forms with credit card information will not be accepted via email.
Back to Career Opportunities
Download PTS Career Center Insertion Order
||RN – Trauma Performance Improvement Coordinator
||Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters Health System (CHKD)
||Your growth is our priority. Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters Health System (CHKD) is the comprehensive pediatric health system serving the needs of families throughout southeastern Virginia, northeastern North Carolina, and beyond.
More than a hospital. We operate a 206-bed freestanding children’s hospital with the region’s only Level I pediatric trauma center along with 45 locations that provide primary care, specialty care, outpatient surgery, urgent care, and support services. Our pediatric mental health facility, opening in 2022, will expand on the critical mental health programs that we currently provide. Our team is made up of more than 3,500 employees who are the best-of-the-best in their fields and fulfill our mission to bring state-of-the-art compassionate care to every family who needs us.
We are seeking a compassionate, professional, and caring RN – Trauma Performance Improvement Coordinator to monitor and evaluate the care of the critically injured patient from time of injury through the continuum of care to ensure that care is safe, effective, patient centered, timely, efficient, and equitable! The position is full-time and would require Monday through Friday. It is the heart of our Trauma department which is located in our main hospital in Norfolk, VA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides coordination and facilitation of performance improvement data collection, analysis, trending, and benchmarking of data and outcomes required for a level 1 pediatric trauma center.
- Collaborates with the Trauma Medical Director and Trauma Program Manager and other disciplines to review the performance and safety of the Trauma Program and coordinates activities to evaluate issues, promote loop closure, and enhance clinical outcomes.
- Maintains compliance with trauma standards and guidelines in accordance to the State of Virginia for trauma designation and the American College of Surgeons Trauma Quality Improvement Program (TQIP).
Minimum Licensure, Education and Experience Requirements:
- Current Virginia state license as a Registered Nurse or Registered Nurse holding a valid Compact State license required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN). MSN preferred.
- Three to five years of recent clinical experience necessary.
- Previous clinical experience with data collection and identification of areas for quality improvement preferred.
- Must possess computer skills to include Microsoft Office, Excel, QI Macros and other clinical software systems.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve independently and disseminate data to relevant groups across the health system.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that display effective and professional customer service skills and interactions.
- Ability to travel to various locations as required for performance of job role.
We are proud to offer market competitive compensation and benefits, including affordable health, vision, dental, and supplemental insurances, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, and a 401k Retirement Savings plan with organization match.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/Disability/Vet
|How to Apply:
||Apply now at: www.CHKD.org/Careers. If you have questions about this position, please contact Andrea Soehnlen Ohman, Talent Acquisition Specialist, at 757-668-7134.