Do you have a career opportunity to promote on our website? PTS members receive free job listing to the PTS website. Please contact PTS for details.
All career center insertion order forms must be sent to our secure fax 978-524-0461 if it includes credit card information. Forms with credit card information will not be accepted via email.
Back to Career Opportunities
Download PTS Career Center Insertion Order
||Trauma Injury Prevention Specialist, Cook Children's Medical Center
||Fort Worth, TX
The Trauma Injury Prevention Specialist works in collaboration with the Trauma Injury Prevention Coordinator to help promote the Promise of Cook Children’s by providing injury prevention education to patients, families and staff. Areas of primary focus are child passenger safety; including educating parents and families of children with special health care needs, pedestrian and bike safety, water safety, prevention of non-accidental trauma and other health issues related to the prevention of unintentional injury. The Trauma Injury Prevention Specialist will participate in educational opportunities within the hospital as well as in community events as determined appropriate by the Trauma Injury Prevention Coordinator and the Trauma Program Director.
- Associates Degree required, Bachelors preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a healthcare setting (Health Promotion or Health Education preferred)
- Currently certified as a Child Passenger Safety Technician
- Child Passenger Safety Instructor status is required within 1 year of employment
- Familiarity with Safe Transportation of Children with Special Health Care Needs through work with the Injury Prevention Coordinator or completion of the Training Course
|How to Apply:
||To apply visit: https://cookchildrenscareers.hctsportals.com/jobs/801314-trauma-injury-prevention-specialist