||Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital is a part of the Ascension St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis, IN. The children’s hospital has 48 private inpatient beds, 23 pediatric intensive care unit beds, and a 17-bed dedicated pediatric emergency department, including 2 resuscitation bays. Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital is developing a Pediatric Trauma Center, with the goal to establish a Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center that will complement the Level 1 Adult Trauma Center at Ascension St. Vincent Indianapolis Hospital.
In Indiana, Ascension St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. Ascension St. Vincent has more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers that offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. Ascension St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Ascension St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
Job Description: As a Research Scientist Associate with Ascension St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to assume the lead role in various clinical research projects that support the research initiatives of the Pediatric Trauma Program at Peyton Manning Children's Hospital. This is an opportunity to establish a research program at a developing pediatric trauma center.
- Collaborate with physicians and other Ascension associates to design, fund, conduct, evaluate and report on pediatric trauma and injury prevention research projects.
- Secure grants and funding for research and is responsible for controlling budgets.
- Ensure research activities comply with applicable ethical, legal, regulatory and funding requirements, including IRB requirements and submissions.
- Serve in a mentorship, supervisory and/or consultative capacity to students, residents and staff. Maintain current knowledge of healthcare research-related issues, trends and scientific developments.
- Acquire and analyze data for Pediatric trauma and injury prevention research across the St. Vincent Health organization.
- Author and submit research articles for publication in peer-reviewed journals.