2020 Pilot Funds for Pediatric Trauma Research
The Pediatric Trauma Society is pleased to announce the availability of pilot funds to promote basic, translational, and/or clinical investigation by the PTS membership. The program is intended to support early-stage investigators at the Assistant or Associate professor level in order to aid in generating data supporting future applications for extramural funding.
Funds will be set aside for up to one award of up to $5,000. The award is limited to one year of funding and is not renewable. Funds cannot be used for salary support of the PI(s) or for travel. No indirect costs will be supported.
The principal investigator must be an active member of the PTS and hold an academic appointment at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. Only one proposal per principal investigator may be submitted. Members of the Review Committee are not eligible to apply or receive funds.
The application should include the following information:
- Title, Background/Significance, Specific Aim(s), Approach/Research Strategy, Timeline for completion (3 pages maximum)
- References (1 page total)
- Budget: itemized by Personnel, Equipment, Consumables (subgroup into major categories), Other Expenses (list individually) (1 page total)
- Biosketches: NIH-style biosketch for each investigator, including current and pending support (5 pages per investigator)
- The application should be formatted on 8.5x11" paper, 1" margins, and 11pt Arial or larger font.
The application should be accompanied by a cover letter with the following information:
- Brief overview of the proposal
- Planned agency/mechanism for extramural support that will be applied for with data generated during the funding period
- Documentation of institutional approval (or application) for human or animal studies.
- Applications (in the form of a single PDF document) are due at 5:00 pm CDT June 1, 2020. No exceptions will be made.
- The grant recipient will be announced at the Pediatric Trauma Society Annual Meeting in November 2020.
- All studies involving human or animal subjects must have documented approval (IRB, IACUC, etc.) prior to the start of funding, December 1, 2020.
- The grant recipient is expected to provide a written Progress Report of the results at the end of the funding period. This report must include the results of the study, a list of resulting abstracts, presentations, manuscripts and extramural grant applications, and a detailed budget report. The support of the Pediatric Trauma Society should be acknowledged on all presentations & publications related to the proposal.
- Grant recipients will be expected to present their work to the PTS membership at the 2021 Annual Meeting.
After submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to your application. Any questions about the grant (eligibility, formatting, etc.) should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 978-927-8330.
Applications should be submitted by 5:00 pm CDT June 1, 2020.