Program Committee | Email Committee
To develop a meeting that will be the first choice for professional development and networking for practitioners, educators, researchers and administrators involved in the care of the injured pediatric patient. The meeting will support and align with the overall PTS mission/vision.
Overall Roles and Responsibilities
- The PTS Program Committee will strategically lead the conference and implement this charter.
- The committee will work with the board to make recommendations regarding the content of these conferences, meeting finances and planning for future conference sites.
- Review of conference location requests and determining appealing, appropriate and cost effective conference venues.
- Collaborate with meeting planning organization on abstract submission process, meeting registration and other administrative duties.
- Review and selection of abstracts to be presented that will be a balance of topics that are of interest to the diverse stakeholders. Topics will be a balance of educational content, research and quality improvement/advocacy.
- Plan moderators that are appropriate content experts for each session
- Mentor and guide session presenters and moderators.
- Oversee and coordinate the individual and/or parallel sessions based on the submitted content.
- Develop networking opportunities to engage first time and repeat attendees.
- Reflective quantitative and qualitative evaluation of the meeting effectiveness as a whole and as individual sessions for iterative improvement (content and economics).
- Work with press and media to get coverage of pediatric trauma topics presented at the meeting.
- The committee will meet on a regular basis as needed in preparation for the timely planning of the conference by phone call and in person at the meeting.
- The committee will communicate via email and distribute work across its members with clear timelines and accountability.
- Meeting minutes will be shared with the board.
- The committee chair will represent the group in interactions with the board and other committees.
Structure and membership
- The committee will include a diverse group of individuals representing the various stakeholders.