Injury Prevention Committee | Email Committee
Injury prevention serves as a critical component in improving children's health outcomes.
The Injury Prevention and Advocacy Committee of the Pediatric Trauma Society will support the collaboration and communication among injury prevention programs in the pediatric trauma programs/centers in the nation.
Facilitate communication between pediatric injury prevention programs and trauma programs across the country
Create a pediatric injury prevention program network among the nation's trauma centers
Host/endorse surveys related to injury prevention and disseminate survey results among PTS members
Grow PTS presence among nation's injury prevention centers
Maintain an Injury Prevention Listserv to facilitate communication among committee members
Create a common database for committee members to volunteer data
Terms: The Committee Chairperson will serve a two (2) two-year terms. The first as Chair-Elect and the second as the presiding Committee Chair
Eligibility: PTS member
Eligibility: PTS member
Conference Calls: Monthly
In-person meetings: Annually
To join the committee and participate in the Injury Prevention Listserv please email the PTS office.
On October 11-12, 2012 the Consumer Products Safety Commission hosted a public ATV Safety Summit in Bethesda, Maryland. In support of this effort, PTS collected hard data. The aggregate data is below.
Aggregate Data on Admissions for Pediatric ATV Injuries
The above data is compiled from the input of the following Pediatric Trauma Programs:
- University of Massachusetts Children's Medical Center, Worcester, MA
- Arkansas Children's Hospital, Little Rock, AR
- Kosair Children's Hospital, Louisville, KY
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Kentucky Children's Hospital, Lexington, KY
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, Pittsburgh, PA
- Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, DE
- Dell Children's Medical Center, Austin, TX (*years 2007-2010)
- Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, TX
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, San Jose, CA (*years 2008-2010)
- Connecticut Children's Medical Center, Hartford, CT
- The Children's Hospital at OU Medical Center, Oklahoma City, OK
- Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital, Cleveland, OH
- Children's Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA