Membership Committee | Email Committee
Rajan Thakkar, MD
Kathy Haley, RN, MSN, BSN
Last Updated: January 17, 2017
- Purpose of the Committee
The mission of the Membership Committee is to develop innovative ways to attract new members, support and retain current membership.
- Committee Charge
- Oversee process for the recruitment and retention of members
- Provide recommendations to the Board regarding membership categories, dues structure, membership policies and other aspects related to membership.
- 2017 Committee Goals
- Analyze and report membership statistics and trends in membership
- Generate ideas for increasing membership and for offering services to existing members
- Increase the involvement of international and student members in PTS activities.
- Create presence with board member assistance at regionally, nationally and internationally recognized trauma meetings as a means of recruitment and increasing awareness of PTS
- Provide recommendations to the board on membership categories and fees
- Develop basic marketing material for recruitment of new membership
- Membership Committee Composition
The Membership Committee is comprised of a chair and vice chair and a maximum of 20 members who are active members of PTS. The committee chairs will be appointed by the PTS Board.
- Charter Changes and Renewal
The committee will review and reassess the adequacy of this charter annually and recommend any proposed changes to the PTS board for approval.