Guidelines Committee | Email Committee
The Guidelines Committee is responsible for developing and disseminating evidence-based information related to pediatric trauma care for the purpose of increasing the scientific knowledge needed to enhance patient care and promote optimal clinical decision-making. Goals of the committee include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops pediatric specific evidence-based guidelines or consensus statement.
- Reviews specific evidence-based guidelines for relevance to the pediatric population.
- Updates existing evidence-based guidelines based on new clinical information
- Disseminates evidence-based guidelines used by other institutions / organizations
Committee Goals: to develop and disseminate evidence-based information related to pediatric trauma care in order to improve health outcomes.
Five working groups
- Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis Guideline (LEAD: John Petty)
- Child Abuse/Non-Accidental Trauma Screening Guidelines (LEAD: Tony Escobar)
- Trauma Transfer Criteria from Community Hospitals to Level One Trauma Centers (LEAD: Matthew Santore)
- Severe Hemorrhage - Massive Transfusion/Coagulopathy Treatment Guideline (LEAD: Adam Vogel)
- Renal Injury Management Guideline (LEAD: John Draus)
Guidelines in Focus: work to identify guidelines developed by other organizations and share/contextualize for pediatric trauma providers.
Sharing of local clinical pathways/best practices.