Committee Chairs: Richard Falcone and Toni Petrillo-Albarano
Guideline Committee | Email Committee
The Guideline Committee is responsible for developing and disseminating evidence-based information related to pediatric trauma care for the purpose of increasing the scientific knowledge needed to enhance patient care and promote optimal clinical decision-making. Goals of the committee include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops pediatric specific evidence-based guidelines or consensus statement.
- Reviews specific evidence-based guidelines for relevance to the pediatric population.
- Updates existing evidence-based guidelines based on new clinical information
- Disseminates evidence-based guidelines used by other institutions / organizations
All trauma centers strive to provide optimal trauma care. The PTS has begun to assemble a number of clinical resources that you may find helpful. We will continue to add to these resources as we recieve them from members.
We are now collecting the following resource guidelines:
1) Trauma Team Activation Criteria
2) Liver/Spleen management
3) Massive Transfusion Protocols
4) Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)/Pulmonary Embolism (PE) Guidelines
5) Digital recording in the trauma room
To access examples of pediatric trauma care guidelines that other pediatric facilities are using click here.
If you would like to contribute your "best practices" please email them to PTS. All facility identifying information will be removed prior to posting and the following disclaimer statement appears on the website:
PEDIATRIC TRAUMA SOCIETY CLINICAL PRACTICE GUIDELINES DISCLAIMER STATEMENT